Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Astral Projection: Soul Travel

OK, this entry of mine is influenced by the thoughts of the soul that have been on my mind lately. My English teacher in class 11 introduced my to the book 'Many Lives, Many Masters' by Dr. Brian Weiss and three and a half years later, I have finally finished reading it. The book itself strengthened my initial belief in the soul and reincarnation, and i started grasping any information I could from anywhere. It was while random surfing on the net that I came across the term 'Soul Travel'.

As fascinating as it sounds, it was something which I wanted to know for sure if it was true or possible. I began snooping around gathering all I could, talking to people about it and I eventually learnt that soul travel is a concept which is part of 'Astral Projection', a form of Out-of-Body-Experience. I also read about a couple of living practitioners, but I haven't got enough information to know if it is actually true.

Soul travel is believed to be the act of a person's soul leaving the body to seek spiritual lessons while the person is asleep.
What I would like to learn more is about the effect it has on the persons mind. Robert Bruce, the author of Astral Dynamics, has developed a Mind Split Effect theory in contrast to the empty body theory. But the theories are too complex for me to understand and all I know right now is that in the Empty Body theory, the soul exits the body leaving it as an empty shell, whereas in the Mind Split Effect, it is believed that the body, mind and spirit generates an exact copy of itself.

What I would like to know is which of these theories actually takes place and whether Soul Travel is actually possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment